Monday, September 15, 2003

I made it to Yasothon and it only took 30 hours. On the bus.
KL to Hatyai, Hatyai to Bangkok, Bangkok to Yasothon. And I want to die.
On the plus side, I saw a great Thai movie on the bus that involved some guy who thinks he's Jackie Chan jumping over a lot of stuff and a giant tuk-tuk chase at the end when they drove a dozen moto-rikshaws off the end of an uncompleted highway bridge. Like a Thai budget Matrix reloaded.
When I arrived in Bangkok I had to race from the southern bus station to the eastern bus station in Bangkok traffic. luckily I found one of the many aspiring F-1 racer cab drivers in the city (actually, I think all of them are aspiriing F-1 racers) and pulled up at the station at 9:45 and was on the last bus to Yaso at 10pm. And as I settled into my "first class" seat, and pulled on my headphones for the last 8 hour leg of the trip, I bus passed a sign by the side of the highway, black on white, that said simply: Dream World
ahhh, yes indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home