Thursday, September 18, 2003

So me and the random batch of International travelling band of Vagrants invaded a school this morning and completely traumatized a large group of 3-5 year olds. See, these wandering souls all seem to believe in peace and unity (or something like that) so they all went down to the school and did some dancy and dramatic thingys to teach kids about...oh I don't know, I just had to run the music. And I messed that up BIG TIME so...uh...anyway.
But the performance was pretty cool, I think the kids took a little time to get used to five variously shaded people dancing around in front of them and yelling things in english, so during the first song there were 150 little kids staring, wide eyed, open mouthed, completely silent at the spectacle in front of them. Oh, except one kid, right in the front, who got right into it and started this little sit-down arm-waving body-grooving kind of dance that was the most hysterical thing that I've ever seen.
And then at the end, we all did the "Peel Banana, Peel, Peel Banana" song. And immediately after that the new foreign stars were almost killed in the ensuing stampede to touch the funny dancy yelly (and by this time very sweaty) people. It was awesome. I've got photos of the whole thing.
And tomorrow they have two more performances.
Wish me luck, I have to do the music again tomorrow. And take stacks and stacks of photos. As per usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home