Sunday, February 08, 2004

It's not that I find being in Israel boring exactly, it's just that a blog about traveling the world that doesn't involve any actual traveling kind of sucks.
But I have to say, being with a group of 700 people that represent 150 different countries is fairly cool and provides plenty of opportunities to pretend that I'm traveling. My roommate is from Uganda. My workmate grew up in Malawi. The people in my office are from Hungary, Australia, Singapore, Canada, the US, Bulgaria, India and South Africa. The women that clean my office are from Kenya and Bolivia. The people I hang out with are from...everywhere. Anyone want to know the hot places to hang out in Florence? I can get you a colour-coded map. Or Lusaka. Or Lima. Or Moscow. Or LA. Or Istanbul. Just let me know.
If only I could enjoy crappy food and PG in-flight movies on the way to work in the morning instead of walking through the little alley that smells like pee and houses a dozen stray cats that look at me like I have tuna-fish in my pockets...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home