Saturday, September 27, 2003

The Super-International-Peace-Loving-Dancing-and-Singing maniacs descended upon another fine educational establishment yesterday. Thankfully the trauma was kept to a minimum this time as the audience was a little older, though I think some of the girls may have swooned dangerously at the sight of a tall Belgian boy dancing sweatily around in front of them. there were the girls that were in danger of choking to death as they giggled uncontrollably while trying to eat their lunches.
Then there was the roly-poly 87 year old mangy dog that seems to inhabit the canteen (yes, they actually call it a canteen here) at the Yasothon Technical College and kept waddling menacingly towards the performers during the show.
By the grace of God we all escaped unscathed and rabies-free and hung out with some of the kids. I was even introduced as the "sound guy" and everyone clapped for me. Or, at least I got more claps than the driver did (but less than the belgian boy). And my parents were worried that I wouldn't be able to decide on a career...and now here I am, sound guy to the international crazy dancy mixed bag of foreign idealists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home