Sunday, April 22, 2007

I have the best job in the world

(Can we dispence with the obligatory dead blog apology? splendid.)
I appreciate that the title of this post may be a grand claim, but I assure you dear blog-readers, I do, in fact, have the best job in the world. Well, not a job exactly, more of a project. Or an adventure perhaps.
Here it is: I'm going to be spending the next 9 months or so traveling the globe, visiting amazing communities of Baha'is and taking photos. lots and lots of photos.
In fact, I've already started the trip and have really just been trying to figure out how to explain such a thing as being given your dream job. I didn't even really go looking for it. It just happened. I went from listless (some would say feckless) wandering image-maker... well, to a wandering image-maker with purpose. and plane tickets.
Anyway, this all kicked off a few weeks ago and now I'm in Istanbul, Turkey, stop number 1 on what promises to be a fairly epic, 19 stop tour of the globe.
The destinations will, for now, remain a well-guarded secret. But stay tuned for further updates. They will, hopefully, be forthcoming.
Istanbul Mosque

6 Comments:

At 10:19 p.m., Blogger golriz said...

i'm insanely jealous and incredibly excited for you.

so much so that i may have to rearrange my schedule and hire a private detective in order to unearth your mission and pop up at each of the 19 locations like a mischevious garden gnome far from home.

look out for me. i'll be wearing a red pointy hat and holding a spade.

xg

 
At 9:28 a.m., Blogger Shingo said...

Wow exciting news!! Although I knew it already, it sounds so much more exciting when you read it on the blog.. and nice to see you finally updated. Looking forward to seeing more updates, and images from around the world. The thing you do the best... taking image of people.

 
At 3:24 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Ooooooh... SO exciting! And I even know where this Fridays mystery destination is - with ME! Xx

 
At 9:26 p.m., Blogger Rebecca Allen said...

Wow! What else can I ssay but that I am really happy for you and really hope you have a great time! When am I going to stumble over a job like that?? :)

 
At 1:04 a.m., Blogger montague said...

we haven't met, but i have heard of you, crazy-lucky traveler-you, meeting Baha'is all over the world. If you travel to Italy (where my parents live), New Delhi (where my sister lives), London (where my brother lives), boston (where another sister lives) or nyc (where you can find me), let me know!

 
At 9:17 p.m., Blogger koo' said...

i don't care about your splendid life... just come to tanzania already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home