Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Coming to you from an actual departure lounge.

So when I started this blog back in the day, I was in the midst of a hard-rock, border-hop, jet-set lifestyle. My first post was composed at a friend's house in Kuala Lumpur and, at the time, I had just come off of a 9 month project that included jaunts to every continent (no nit-pickers, I did not go to antarctica. But seriously, who goes to antarctica?) and a fair bit of time in airports and departure lounges. So, naturally, the blog was called 'departure lounge' after the location from which I imagined I would be composing my witty and engaging reports of travel and adventure. Of course, less than a month later I ended up in Israel, where I spent the next three years. Three (almost) departure-lounge-less years.
But now I'm back on the road.
I left Israel a month ago, went back to Canada to catch up on my television watching, and I'm now on my way to Europe. Scratch that, I am in Europe. At Heathrow. In a real live departure lounge.

And I'll be on the road for the next few weeks, swinging through Israel, up to the Czech Republic and then I have 4 weeks to kill in Europe before I head back to Israel for a wedding and finally back to Canada where, if all goes well, I'll take a quick break, repack my bags, and set off again. I'll keep you all posted.

1 Comments:

At 6:06 p.m., Blogger leila said...

more, more!

from germany, czech, canada, wherever! more!@

lvoe from leila

 

Post a Comment

<< Home