Wednesday, May 23, 2007

left behind

For all of the traveling I do, you'd think I'd be much better at the whole packing/unpacking thing. But alas, not a trip goes by where don't manage to leave something behind. In Turkey it was my cell phone, and a few days ago I recieved this email recounting a conversation between my friend Pam, and Sydney, the four year-old daughter of my hosts while I was in London:

Sydney: Pammie? Do you know Ryan Lash?
Pam: Yes Sydney I do
Sydney: I like him
Pam: Yes, me too
Sydney: Well do you know that he has now left the country to go to another country?
Pam: Yup
Sydney: Well, Ryan forgot something here
Pam: Oh really? What did he forget?
Sydney: He forgot his sock (giggle)
Pam: Oh dear! I wonder how he is surviving with one warm foot and one cold foot?
Sydney: Yes, his toes must be very chilly
Pam: Are you taking care of his sock for when he comes back?
Sydney: Yes, I think it is somewhere, but August and I might have to use it for other things.

Pam had no idea what 'other things' could possibly mean. Anyone want to hazard a guess?

5 Comments:

At 7:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sock monkey!

 
At 7:51 a.m., Blogger vikki said...

I can't believe anonymous said "sock monkey", that's what I wanted to say.
xxx
v

 
At 8:40 p.m., Blogger Liz Dwyer said...

Definitely some sort of puppet. Expect random buttons and yarn to be attached to your sock when you next see it.

 
At 4:25 a.m., Blogger bita16 said...

I didn't think those kids could get any cuter - I was wrong. I wonder how Cribby is doing - maybe it will be used for a fantastic new evening gown?

 
At 1:39 p.m., Blogger Where there is love... said...

Ryan, Bopha was surprised at how many pairs of socks you had. Would this be the other side of the black sock you couldn't find the pair for?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home