Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Before I left Malaysia for Singapore, one of my Malaysian friends told me that she thought SIngapore was the closest thing to a Utopian society on earth. And I have to say that I agree...as long as all that Utopian society wants to do is go shopping. And of course, doesn't mind living in a giant shopping mall.
But, Singapore is also home to all of the coolest gadgety things around that every geeky boy dreams about. For instance: Lets say that you live in a fancy apartment in a nice quiet singaporean neighbourhood and one day they decide to build an elevated train that goes right past your window. And so now, every saturday whle you sit in your third floor apartment in your underwear watching survivor reruns and picking cheese doodle crumbs off your chest, 1,235 trains worth of commuters will be watching you do it. Aha, but in fancy schmancy singapore, when the train goes past your apartment (and everyone else's apartment) the windows all magically turn white! I have no idea how this works, but it was the coolest thing I've ever seen.
There I was, cruising along on the train, enjoying the view and suddenly, everything turned white. For a second I thought it had just gotten really foggy outside...but then the windows went clear again just in time for me to miss seeing all those old portly singaporean men sitting around in their underwear watching survivor reruns....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home