Monday, March 22, 2004

Ok. Sick update (for those of you who are overly concerned): It seems I am no longer sick. Or pregnant. Both of which are a relief to both me and my father. So, that's that.
Other than being not-sick, I spent my weekend shooting some video for a Dr. Martin who, by all reports, is so mind-numbingly rich that he wants for nothing. When asked how it was that he was able to open a brand new research department at Oxford University he replied simply: "I paid for it." Ha ha.
And so, while filming for the wealthy doctor in Akka, a town across the bay from Haifa, we came across a bunch of kids "sledding" down a dirt hill on large pieces of cardboard (or not, as the large pieces of cardboard tended to stay at the top of the hill, even as the kids continued to the bottom while the hard packed dirt ripped through their pants and took the skin right off the palms of their hands. weeeeee.)
Now, having spent my formative years in Canadia, mystical land of many hills and much snow, I feel I am somewhat of an authority on sledding. In fact, the hill behind my house when I was in elementary school was generally considered one of the best around, attracting some of the best sledding talents of my generation and then nearly killing them. (I still shiver uncontrollably while recalling that ill-fated trip into the ravine involving six people, a giant inner tube, and me; from top to bottom, in that order.)
And I must say that those kids in Akka really inspired me. It was great to be reminded that kids the world over will continue to carry on the fine tradition of finding ever-new and more ridiculously stupid ways of injuring themselves and their friends, snow or not. (pictures to follow).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home