Saturday, July 17, 2004

guns guns guns!

After reading this (washington post, free registration req'd) I couldn't help but shake my head and smile. I mean sure, I think we should all watch the caffine intake of armed people. After a half-dozen Starbucks triple-lattes anyone's trigger finger might get a little twitchy. But it's not like they were using the guns that were strapped to their hips.
But then again, maybe it's all perspective. I feel strangely safer when I know there are a bunch of armed people in the coffee shop that I'm sitting in here in Haifa. Especially when they walk in with an automatic rifles slung over their shoulders, find a quiet table in the corner and lean their guns up against the window. The best is when they come to visit the Baha'i gardens. Being a Holy place, they frown on people bringing their machine guns inside. So when the soldiers come, they all pile their guns up outside the gate in a little log cabin and take turns gun-sitting. It's so cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home